Location: London, United Kingdom
Summary of role:
This role is responsible for ensuring that Autovista Group executes its strategic new product development programme in a systematic manner to time, budget and specification. Reporting to the Group Digital Director, the role will direct the activities of all participants involved in our key strategic projects within Autovista group and externally in our development agencies and software suppliers.
The role will project manage the design, build, testing and release of complex multi-country digital applications for automotive manufacturers, dealers and insurers. These projects may each have budgets in excess of 1 million euros and delivery times over 1 year. This requires proven experience of managing similar large projects involving multiple technologies, integrations, work streams and teams.
- Define project management standards, processes and tools to be used by all internal and external participants working across our programme of projects.
- Design and manage optimal project plans across our programme of work, identifying objectives, deliverables, tasks, deadlines, resource requirements, roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure smooth co-ordination between all participants in the project and oversee all project management meetings.
- Manage all requirements communications, quotations and contracting with internal and external development teams
- Participate in product testing and manage the communication of bug fixes to developers.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget, tracking progress continuously and directing resources as required to meet plan and minimise risk of delay or overspend.
- Regularly report on project progress to all project participants, stakeholders and senior management.
- Ensure project costs are recorded and tracked against budget, working alongside our finance team.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation on Jira, and ensure that specification documents and agreed work plans are constantly kept up to date.
Skills, Knowledge & Behaviours Required:
- Minimum 5 year’s experience as a digital project manager, ideally in the development of data rich business intelligence applications.
- Strong understanding of digital technology and development with ability to liaise with and challenge technical staff about online system architecture, application development tasks and technology implementation such as content management systems, access management systems, API’s, and databases.
- Proven experience of directing digital development teams internally and externally to deliver projects to budget, time and specification.
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies with certification in a recognised project management methodology such as PMP or Prince 2.
- Expertise with one or more project management tools such as Microsoft Project. Experience of Jira is also desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability and experience to work collaboratively at all levels in a global multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent English language skills with the ability to communicate both orally and in writing ideas, concepts, recommendations, technical and complex information clearly.
- Self-managing, self-motivating and flexible with ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and the passion and persistence to deliver projects to the brief.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with high attention to detail, an analytic approach and good problem solving skills.
To apply, please send you CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are regrettably unable to reply to all candidates individually. We will contact you if your application has successfully progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process.