Summary of the role:
We are looking for a Service Desk Engineer who will be responsible for being the first point of contact for all Group Operations IT requests. You are expected to deliver excellent proactive service to the users of the Service Desk in terms of response, communication and resolution.
- Act as the first point of contact for all IT questions via telephone/ticketing system/email. Identifying, prioritising and troubleshooting all issues.
- Log all relevant incident/service request details, allocating categorisation and prioritisation code dependent on business impact. Records need to be aligned with the agreed support strategy and service level agreement.
- Provide a high level of customer service through ensuring a clear understanding of the user’s requirements and regular progress updates.
- Incident / Service Request Tracking and accurately record, update and document requests using the Salesforce ticketing system.
- Take ownership to follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner.
- Escalate incidents/service requests that the service desk cannot resolve.
- Access management e.g. password resets.
- To diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems and across a range of software applications.
- Perform regular checks of all Service Desk supported services, e.g. O365, Active Directory Sync, McAfee and Skype for Business & Microsoft Teams.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Ideally have at least 1-2 years’ experience in an IT Service Desk or Call Centre role and have a good awareness of messaging systems, active directory, desktop operating systems, Microsoft exchange.
- The ability to prioritise support requests dependent on priority.
- Positive can-do attitude.
- Excellent customer service skills.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are regrettably unable to reply to all candidates individually. We will contact you if your application has successfully progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process.