Summary of role:
The Salesforce DevOps Specialist is a key member of the team dedicated to ensuring that we maximize operational efficiency and capitalize on the full features and benefits of Salesforce for our commercial gain. Their prime responsibility is to ensure the integrity of the live Salesforce environment and be the “Gatekeeper” who determines what does and does not get released. Keeping their knowledge up to date on features of new releases and AppExchange solutions and using their advanced technical understanding of the platform, the Salesforce DevOps Specialist will identify areas for improvement in functionality and usage of the platform, implement the required changes, and provide training to end users ensuring adoption of company best practice. Additionally, the DevOps Specialist will undertake ad hoc projects and oversee basic updates assigned to the L1 Support team, ensuring prompt resolution.
- Prepare for new releases of Salesforce and efficiently roll out new features, where required;
- Audit for completeness and approvals and quality check all change submissions for live release;
- Implement required system changes into the live environment, ensuring they are completed without interruption to users;
- Fully document and then demonstrate any system changes to end users in advance of implementation so they understand the impact of the change for them and are able to adapt their system usage accordingly;
- Create and update training materials for users to ensure the system is used effectively;
- Deliver online and, where possible, face-face training to users across the Group, demonstrating how to use existing and new features of Salesforce in line with company practices;
- Proactively identify system modifications, which will increase commercial benefits and usability of the system;
- Proactively gather feedback from users and ensure appropriate follow-up of responses;
- Create and maintain fields, views, reports, dashboards and other Salesforce objects and functions, creating custom objects when necessary;
- Maintain, enhance and create workflows, functions and configurations within the Salesforce environment;
- Create new reporting capabilities and respond to ad hoc reporting requests;
- Provide sales and financial data to company executives in a timely manner;
- Lead or coordinate Salesforce projects, as required, including defining and documenting project requirements, providing ongoing project management to ensure delivery within scope and agreed timeframes;
- Oversee first line case management to ensure prompt resolution of user issues;
- Conduct tasks, including on-going customization / alteration of Salesforce, in line with all established company practices, processes and policies;
- Maintain up-to-date accessible documentation of own processes, so that colleagues in the CRM team are able to provide absence cover, where needed;
- Adhere to the current ‘change control processes and follow “Steering Committee” guidance related to Salesforce;
- Ensure Salesforce system knowledge is kept up to date (e.g. using Trailheads) and keep abreast of Salesforce news, including upcoming releases and trends (e.g. participating in forums, webinars). Share relevant information with manager and team with recommended actions where appropriate.
Experience, skills and abilities:
- Salesforce ADM 201 and “Platform App Builder” Certification;
- Prior experience in a similar role and deep understanding of the Salesforce platform;
- Efficient in using the MS Office Suite;
- Strong data manipulation skills;
- Creative and analytical thinker with good problem solving skills;
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment and able to work to task deadlines;
- Ability to remain calm under pressure with a “Can Do” attitude;
- Fluent English speaker with strong interpersonal and communication skills; confident interfacing directly with internal stakeholders to understand their needs.
- Current ADM 211 certification;
- European languages. German, French, Italian, Spanish;
- Experience working with FinancialForce (Accounting and Revenue Management), Conga Composer or Eloqua will be very beneficial.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are regrettably unable to reply to all candidates individually. We will contact you if your application has successfully progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process.