Summary of role:
The Product Owner is responsible for setting the product vision and future strategy for the full multi-product lifecycle of Data and Web Services products. Defining customer requirements for new products and enhancements which will delight our customers. Leading on commercial decision making, setting the pricing strategy and principles, organising the delivery of new product developments to customers, leading all ‘go-to market’ activities, assisting the service delivery and support teams while, continuously monitoring the data products to ensure they stay relevant and successful.
- Maintain a strong functional understanding of all data products and associated group data products
- Work with Head of Product Management and others to define Data Products Vision and Multi-Product Lifecycle Strategy for introduction, in-life management and retiring of products from market
- Coordinate commercial activities when bringing new products to market or retiring old products
- Support the development of business cases that drive business decisions and shape customer value propositions in line with the Autovista strategy
- Work with customers, wider product and customer facings teams, to create requirements to support New Products and Enhancement activities
- Work with Development teams within UK and across Europe in gathering estimates of effort required for any development activity
- Manage the ‘Data Products‘ Data Product Backlog and tirelessly work on software product development improvements alongside the rest of the Product Team.
- Attend industry events and conferences
- Engage with Platform Providers and Commercial Partners as required
- Owner of UK Data Products pricing strategy, pricing policy, pricing principles and standard rates
- Work with Content and other teams reporting on product data quality using metrics
- Set Data Quality strategy
- To report on Data Product current status to Head of Product Management and other key stakeholders (incl. development activity, issues and successes, KPIs)
- Data Quality Reporting (and define formats for sharing to internal stakeholders)
- Ad Hoc reporting for customers, product performance/usage, customers per product, data quality analysis and other miscellaneous
- Keep up to date with activities in the UK automotive market
- Take ownership of customer and support documentation and distribution
- To brief internal teams on relevant news in relation to product developments or enhancements
- Facilitate product training to both internal and external customers
- Assist the support and service delivery teams with any product related issues and be the filter between Customer Helpdesk and Technical Account Managers.
Experience, skills and abilities:
- Previous automotive sector experience (desirable)
- Previous experience in a B2B or B2C data product and application software support (desirable)
- Managing a matrix of business functions through persuasive strong influencing skills
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong commercial acumen
- A self-starter who is highly proactive in building and managing relationships with key stakeholders
- Experience of product lifecycle and change release management (desirable)
- Microsoft Office Suite skills e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- JIRA and Salesforce experience (desirable)
- Qualified Product Owner – Agile (desirable)
- Fluent in English.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are regrettably unable to reply to all candidates individually. We will contact you if your application has successfully progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process.