Summary of role:
This role is responsible for leading the Operations team. Co-ordinating all research and data management activities relevant to your designated product which includes data gathering as well as the collection and analysis of product specifications in line with data collection guidelines.
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of the research and data management teams and coordinate their workflow ensuring that they maintain high levels of motivation.
- To continually review and advise on improvements to the research methodology.
- Carry out research and where applicable attend shows / exhibitions to keep updated on market knowledge and trends.
- Present and advise on the conclusions of research carried out and its subsequent cause and effects.
- Planning, developing and organising research schedule and tasks for designated market segments.
- Data analysis of market trends to forecast current and future market movements for each segment allocated.
- Coordinate the workflow of product data to key suppliers with a focus on ensuring quality and timeframe expectations are maintained.
- Coordinate with the print, database and logistics department to ensure guide production deadlines are adhered to.
- Responsible for ensuring specifications data (including retail pricing) in the GRS database is accurate and the quality of data is of the highest standards.
- Each year, ensure all model terminations have been researched and actioned by the end of the year to minimise the impact on year end roll over.
- Accurate database data entry, ensuring data is entered in line with corporate objectives and guidelines.
- Responsible for the integrity of our database. Manage key operational requirements based on guide production schedules.
Other Responsibilities: Customer Assistance
- Assist customers with verbal valuations.
- Undertake all written valuations.
- Direct customers to alternative sources of information where appropriate.
- Manage consultancy/special projects as directed.
- Software Development (database) – assist with all software development related to the database.
Experience, skills and abilities:
- Qualified in the areas of management, marketing or commerce preferably with automotive experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in SQL or Tableau is an advantage.
- Report writing skills.
- Ability to write up Standard Operating Procedures.
- Consistency and accuracy in tasks undertaken is a critical skill, database integrity is crucial in this role.