Location: London/ Flexible
Summary of the role:
We are looking for a Journalist to join our editorial team in delivering business-critical insight that enables customers to make high-impact decisions in their organisations. You will be sourcing, researching, writing, editing, proofing and publishing content for the Autovista Group Daily Brief digital newsletter.
- Keep abreast of all the latest news and developments in the automotive industry.
- Source, research, write, and edit at least two articles daily, meeting strict submission deadlines.
- Deliver content that consistently meets the style, length and multimedia requirements of the Daily Brief.
- Where practical, use interviews and other primary sources to deliver original stories.
- Develop industry contacts (senior execs, investment analysts, PRs etc) to use as sounding boards for stories as well as for original quotes.
- Work with the editorial team to edit each other’s work, load onto relevant websites and produce/distribute via the email newsletter.
- Identify relevant images for inclusion on the corporate website.
- Be proactive on social media to promote the Daily Brief (and Autovista Group) through all relevant channels.
- Attend internal/client meetings and external events as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Digital journalism experience or qualification (eg NCTJ) and ideally a relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s-level degree or equivalent.
- Experienced in researching and analysing content and data from a variety of sources.
- Ability to identify news/insight stories of interest to Autovista Group’s target market.
- Able to quickly assimilate information from numerous sources and write succinct and thought-provoking news stories to deadline.
- Prior experience of writing short-form stories for the automotive or similar industry.
- Strong editing skills.
- Confident and creative, with keen journalistic judgement.
- Ability to use/learn relevant software tools (currently Drupal for website, Eloqua for email) and social media tools.
- Fluent English speaker and writer, with demonstrably strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong team player.
You will be able to enjoy a flexible working environment, where you can work from home or one of our office hubs on any given day. We trust and respect our colleagues needs and are able to support with your work/life balance to suit family time, out of work commitments and your own health and well-being. Alongside this we offer opportunities for personal development and progression.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are regrettably unable to reply to all candidates individually. We will contact you if your application has successfully progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process.