Location: Europe, Flexible
Summary of the role
Autovista Group has a presence in over 30 countries across Europe and Australia. We focus on the provision of automotive data, insight and intelligence to the automotive sector, offering products and solutions for every stage of a vehicles lifecycle. We are looking for a Head of Application Testing to join our Group Technology team which provides a variety of IT services to the Autovista Group business including; Infrastructure, End User Technology, L2 Application Support, Vendor Management and Testing services.
- Accountable for the delivery of all test work streams.
- Lead, mentor and guide the management and consumption of the Test suit.
- Lead customer and partner test workshops to gain alignments of test strategies at Programme and Product level.
- Lead all communications into customer / supplier / Group Technology for all critical test events e.g. Functional, Regression, UAT, E2E.
- Lead culture change to Automation.
- Define, maintain and manage resource forecast/capacity planning for the entire test programme with support from test management teams.
- Proactively lead and drive test efficiencies in resource planning and utilisation against all test activities.
- Enforce consistent test planning, execution and reporting, taking team along the test journey.
- Lead tracking and weekly reporting of test programme deliverables ensuring timely submission of documentation and reporting deliverables.
- Assist with identification of dependencies and inputs from other work streams and tracking progress of related activities feeding into Testing.
- Work collaboratively across the business.
- Support the Change Control process with PMO.
- Influence efficient delivery of Test deliverables for customer led test activities.
- To provide leadership and direction to the Testing Team.
- Manage relationships with all key business and IT stakeholders.
- Manage a hybrid resourcing allocation model to adapt to delivery demand.
- To co-ordinate the testing of multiple applications to meet the programme objectives.
- To work with the application test resources to create a consolidated test strategy, test plans, for all forms of testing services (Functional, Regression, integration, performance, browser, mobile, Data, E2E, UAT).
- Work with the Group Development, PMO and Business Product management teams to co-ordinate and schedule testing activity.
- To track progress and identify risks and issues relating to testing impacting delivery.
- To ensure project reporting to the team is provided in a timely manner and according to defined standards and quality.
- Applying the appropriate test measurements and metrics and contribute to the continual improvement of the testing team and methods.
- Promoting & enforcing the effective use of processes and tools within the teams and assigned work packages; proactively recommending improvements and new approaches.
Experience, Skills and Education:
- Degree level qualified.
- QA and Testing ISTQB certified, ISEB certified.
- Experienced in working to ISO Quality Standards.
- Minimum 2 years line management experience, executing effective leadership.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a programme test management role.
- Good understanding of test stages and related activities required during systems integration of large technology development and platforms.
- Pro-active, with a 'hands-on', 'can do approach'.
- An excellent communicator (both in written and verbal form) with a natural ability to engage multiple parties within a complex stakeholder community.
- Pragmatic and able to find alternative strategies when the conventional / planned approach fails.
- Successful at developing and managing relationships with peers and supervisors.
- Experience in both waterfall and agile based approaches.
- Being dynamic, self-motivated, persistent and resilient.
You will be able to enjoy a fully flexible working environment, which means you will be a home worker with the flexibility to work hours which suit you best. We trust and respect our colleagues needs and are able to support with your work/life balance to suit family time, out of work commitments and your own health and well-being. Alongside this, we offer opportunities for personal development and progression.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are regrettably unable to reply to all candidates individually. We will contact you if your application has successfully progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process.