Location: London/ Flexible
Summary of the Role
We are looking for an Events Executive to support our Head of Events in the successful management of a wide range of company events for both Autovista Group employees and clients. You will provide strong administrative and effective organisational support and will communicate frequently with suppliers, venues, event owners and delegates to help create a successful event.
- Assist the Head of Events with effective organisation of company events.
- Manage expenditure to agreed budgets and timescales. Seek out and negotiate the lowest prices where possible.
- Clearly communicate with external suppliers to ensure the correct and effective delivery of agreed services.
- Research venues, entertainment and corporate hospitality ideas.
- Travel to venues for onsite inspections.
- On day event attendance – event set up, clear down, registration, directing delegates and assisting with ad hoc requests
- Sourcing and purchasing event merchandise and branded items.
- Proactively send events invites to delegates and track as necessary; prepare badges and attendees lists.
- Communicate effectively with all event owners, to ensure their needs are meet and that the event runs smoothly.
- Liaise with guest speakers and delegates to arrange transport/accommodation where necessary.
- Highlight opportunities for innovation and creative approaches to support the events.
- Support Events team with general administrative tasks and ad hoc travel bookings.
- Be responsible for own professional development by identifying training opportunities that would enhance your skill set and further support the business.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Proven experience in conference, awards ceremonies and events organisation.
- Experience of supporting the delivery of high quality and well run events to budget and strict deadlines.
- Event administration and Logistics background - familiar with event registration software.
- Solid experience in using MS Office packages: Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills both oral and written - ability to communicate with all levels internally and externally.
- Prior experience of working proactively and independently.
- Strong organisational skills – able to ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure whilst retaining a strong eye for detail.
- Strong interpersonal & relationship building skills.
- Good decision making and problem solving abilities.
- Flexible attitude – able to adapt quickly to shifting priorities.
- A positive attitude – good team player and a ‘can do’ approach to work.
- Ability to travel.
You will be able to enjoy a flexible working environment, where you can work from home or one of our office hubs on any given day. We trust and respect our colleagues needs and are able to support with your work/life balance to suit family time, out of work commitments and your own health and well-being. Alongside this we offer opportunities for personal development and progression.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are regrettably unable to reply to all candidates individually. We will contact you if your application has successfully progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process.