Summary of role:
The Digital Platform Manager will oversee all aspects of the successful operation and continuous development of some of our key content delivery platforms including autovistagroup.com and autovistaintelligence.com, as well as supporting applications such as Tableau. The role will involve working in partnership with our commercial and technical teams, as well as external design and development agencies.
- Ensure the platforms are secure, bug free, reliable and high performing and that maintenance of the platforms is undertaken in a timely and efficient manner;
- Be the expert on and guardian of the applications ensuring that you understand all aspects of their operation and that they provide an optimal customer experience;
- Maintain the development roadmaps for the platforms, working closely with product owners to drive continuous improvement;
- Where developments are planned, work with internal staff and external partners to define technical and design specifications, delivery timelines and costs;
- Define and lead the project management any platform improvements and ensure all are built to plan (specification, time and budget), providing direction to all participants to ensure all tasks are performed and challenges are overcome to meet plans and deadlines. Organise and oversee the deployments of code to production sites by development teams and ensure all necessary approvals have been obtained;
- Keep our online project boards (jira) and documentation library (confluence) up to date for the platforms;
- Manage access for internal users to the platforms and their permissions, including training internal users on the applications where necessary;
- Provide regular reports on platform usage by customers and internal users, as well as system performance and development status;
- Assist customer service, sales and technical support with the on-boarding of new accounts and users onto the platform and to resolve any customer access issues;
- Manage relationships with any external development agencies and vendors for the platforms including raising work orders and tickets, overseeing payments and managing contractual agreements;
- Support Group Digital Director with planning, project management, testing and rollout of new platforms.
Experience, skills and abilities:
- Several years of digital application/platform management experience as a digital product, application or platform manager (or similar role), ideally for b2b or b2c data products;
- Experience of planning and project managing code upgrades and enhancements to digital applications involving internal and external technical teams including design/UX, technical architecture, development, infrastructure, security and test;
- Experience of drafting specification documents for application enhancements;
- Appreciation of UX design and experience of working with UX and visual designers to improve online customer journeys;
- Experience of application testing, briefing test teams, and organising code releases to production environments;
- Strong understanding of digital technology and best practices in web design and development;
- Wide experience of working with web publishing technologies such as CMS platforms e.g. Drupal, access management systems, content databases, API’s, search engines e.g. Solr, data visualisation tools e.g. Tableau;
- Strong analysis, problem solving, planning and organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple and competing tasks in a fast moving environment. Ability to meet deadlines;
- High attention to detail and commitment to high standards of operation for the applications managed;
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information and updates to non-technical staff;
- Experience of web data analysis and reporting;
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
To apply, please send you CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are regrettably unable to reply to all candidates individually. We will contact you if your application has successfully progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process.