Summary of the Role
The primary objective of the Business Development Sales Executive is to deliver sales revenue (new business and previous customers) in line with, or in excess of, targets within designated small to medium-sized accounts. The role will generate sales by selling a portfolio of digital products through telephone and online-based communication methods to the relevant decision makers across our jurisdictions in the automotive and related industry sectors. The role will work closely with other departments, including marketing, product, editorial, customer service and finance to ensure open, clear and concise communication of relevant information between teams. The BD Sales Executive must at all times represent our business with integrity and professionalism, and selling approaches must conform to the ‘Autovista Way of Selling’.
- Achieving or exceeding new business revenue targets by completing the full sales cycle, including prospecting, arranging and attending appointments, responding to leads, presenting relevant products and services, through to closing the sale.
- Building strong relationships with new and existing customers, following the ‘Autovista Way of Selling’ approach, behaving as ambassadors for our company throughout your interactions.
- Developing customers (track usage and license needs) and creating additional business opportunities
- Monitoring and managing the opportunity pipeline in Salesforce to meet monthly, quarterly and annual objectives, contributing to forecasting activities.
- Ensuring all sales KPI’s are achieved and record all customer and prospect activity in Salesforce.
- Maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of the features and benefits of all Autovista products and services, understanding the market place and what differentiates our offering from our competitors’ products and services.
- Establish credibility and trust with customers and internal teams through professional interactions with them and contribute to a successful, dynamic and professional telesales culture by displaying Autovista’s values (Openness, Trust, Integrity, Innovation and Respect).
- Feedback market and competitor insight to relevant colleagues, including sales team members and the product management team.
- Performing other ad hoc sales or reporting tasks, when required, as directed by your manager or equivalent senior manager.
- Adhering to our Code of Ethics, company policies and acting in line with our company values.
Experience, skills and abilities
On joining, the following are required:
- A self-starter, highly competitive and results-driven
- Ability to multi-task and manage a variety of deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent written and verbal communication
- Good analytical skills, with a good eye for detail
- Language skills: Fluent in German and English. Fluency in French is also beneficial
On joining, the following would be an advantage but not essential:
- Previous sales experience, ideally in a telesales/B2B environment
- Previous subscription sales experience, especially selling digital products
- Proven success in a cold calling sales role, in particular dealing with senior management
- Experience of accessing and updating a customer database
- Conscientious: strong commercial acumen and self-driven to achieve sales targets; acts with integrity and passion for performance.
- Resilient: displays tenacity and resilience when faced with issues or roadblocks.
- Innovative: ability to think laterally to find solutions to problems; operates with a flexible and positive mind-set.
- Inquisitive: strives to deeply understand both our customers’ business and the value of our products and services, to position features and benefits accordingly against customer needs.
- Inclusive: desire to work collaboratively and respectfully with your team, seeking feedback, ideas and support from others, a building long-lasting relationships with internal stakeholders and customers; displays trust and openness throughout your interactions.
You will be able to enjoy a fully flexible working environment, which means you will be a home worker with the flexibility to work hours which suit you best. We trust and respect our colleagues needs and are able to support with your work/life balance to suit family time, out of work commitments and your own health and well-being. Alongside this, we offer opportunities for personal development and progression.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are regrettably unable to reply to all candidates individually. We will contact you if your application has successfully progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process.