Location: Helsinki, Finland
Summary of the role:
As a Data Scientist in our Statistics & Data Analysis team, you will develop methodologies, processes and tools for enriching the observation data coming to the SAE and our products like Radar (Live Retail) and PMR.
- Developing methodologies, processes and tools for linking observation data to internal codes (IDD natcodes) and for detection of optional equipment.
- Find ways to improve the efficiency and outcome of observation data enrichment with new methodologies, such as machine learning.
- Participating in developing day-to-day quality controlling processes and methodologies for observation data, and proactively identifying possible improvements.
- Analyzing the root causes of observation data quality and quantity issues, and to design and prepare solutions for them.
Experience, skills and abilities:
- Strong experience on text and data mining techniques and applications
- Skills in programming languages such as R / SAS / Java / Python / Perl
- Experience handling large and complex datasets in different formats
- Excellent analytical skills to cut through data quality related issues and tailor solutions / approaches
- University degree / equivalent in relevant field such as data science, statistics or computer science
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
Desirable (but not essential) requirements:
- Experience on machine learning algorithms and applications
- Skills in SQL would be helpful
- Understanding of data integration tools (Talend skills considered a plus)
- Experience of data testing & verification and managing of data related changes
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Hands-on approach to problem solving
- Prior understanding of automotive data is preferred
- Knowledge of other European languages is a plus
In return, we will offer you a flexible working environment, where you can work from home or our modern central Helsinki office, along with opportunities for personal development and progression.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are regrettably unable to reply to all candidates individually. We will contact you if your application has successfully progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process.