Location: Helsinki, Finland
Summary of the role:
As a Data Scientist in our Statistics & Data Analysis team, you will develop quality control and proactively improve the observation data coming to the SAE and products like Radar (Live Retail) and PMR from a variety of sources. You will also support the business and other stakeholders in observation data related issues.
- Developing day-to-day quality controlling processes and methodologies for observation data coming to the SAE and products like Radar (Live Retail) and PMR, including linking observation data to internal codes (IDD natcodes) and detection of optional equipment.
- Monitoring of observation data quality and quantity (both day-to-day and long-term), and ensuring any issues are recognized as soon as possible.
- Collecting feedback and supporting observation data quality related cases from business and other stakeholders
- Ensuring the backlog of known observation data quality issues is up-to-date and accessible for stakeholders
- Proactively identifying possible improvements to observation data quality
- Collaborate with stakeholders in various countries, and coordinating the tasks between local / group level based on agreed processes and workflows.
- Analyzing the root causes of observation data quality and quantity issues, and designing solutions for them
- Defining and establishing relevant KPI metrics and dashboards for observation data quality and quantity monitoring
- Improving tools, processes and workflows used for day-to-day observation data linking and quality work
Experience, skills and abilities:
- Experience handling large and complex datasets in different formats
- Excellent analytical skills to cut through data quality related issues and tailor solutions / approaches
- Experience of data testing & verification and managing of data related changes
- Skills in statistical programming languages such as R or SAS
- Experience on data visualization and data dashboards (Tableau skills considered a plus)
- University degree / equivalent in relevant field such as data science, statistics or computer science
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
Desirable (but not essential) requirements:
- Skills in SQL would be helpful
- Understanding of data integration tools (Talend skills considered a plus)
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Hands-on approach to problem solving
- Prior understanding of automotive data is preferred
- Knowledge of other European languages is a plus
In return, we will offer you a flexible working environment, where you can work from home or our modern central Helsinki office, along with opportunities for personal development and progression.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are regrettably unable to reply to all candidates individually. We will contact you if your application has successfully progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process.