Location: UK or Austria
Summary of role:
We are looking for a Technical Platform Specialist to oversee all aspects of the successful operation and continuous evolvement of our key data & applications platforms, as well as supporting applications such as Tableau. The role will involve working in partnership with our commercial and technical teams, as well as development agencies.
- Guardian of performance, functionality, stability and development of the platform(s)
- Close relationships with any external development agencies and vendors for the platforms, overseeing payments and managing contractual agreements
- Close relationship with Head of Technical Development, Enterprise Architecture and Commercial Product Owners for planning, project management, testing and rollout of new platforms as well improvement and bug fixes and changes. Act as a technical Business Partner.
- Defining reports on platform usage by customers and internal users, as well as system performance KPIs.
- Keep our online project boards (Jira) and documentation library (confluence) up to date for the platforms
- Define and lead the project management any platform improvements and ensure all are built to plan (specification, time and budget), providing direction to all participants to ensure all tasks are performed and challenges are overcome to meet plans and deadlines. Organise and oversee the deployments of code to production sites by development teams and ensure all necessary approvals have been obtained
- Where developments are planned, support the commercial product owners to define technical and design specifications, delivery timelines and costs
- Contribute to development roadmaps for the platforms, working closely with product owners to drive continuous improvement
- Be the expert on and guardian of the applications ensuring that you understand all aspects of their operation and dependencies and that they provide an optimal customer experience
- Ensure the platforms are secure, bug free, reliable and high performing and that maintenance of the platforms is undertaken in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure Quality Ensurance by designing test strategy and test design
- Defining end2end IT service process incl. service-times and availability
- Documenting and Owning end2end layer as a ITSM service catalogue incl. improving IT service chain
- Active Demand & Expectation Management with the Business Owners
- Single Point of Entry for nominated Change Requests and Improvements
- Being facilitator / business partner for all nominated JIRA tickets
Skills, Knowledge & Behaviours Required:
- Completed academic or university education in Technology or equivalent.
- Background of bringing Technology in Alignment with Business Strategy
- Several years of digital application/platform management experience as a digital product, application or platform manager (or similar role), ideally for b2b or b2c data products
- Experience of planning and project managing code upgrades and enhancements to digital applications involving internal and external technical teams, technical architecture, development, infrastructure, security and test
- Experience of drafting specification documents for application enhancements
- Experience of application testing, briefing test teams
- Strong understanding of digital technology and best practices in development
- Strong analysis, problem solving, planning and organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple and competing tasks in a fast moving environment. Ability to meet deadlines.
- High attention to detail and commitment to high standards of operation for the applications managed;
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information and updates to non-technical staff
- Strong service & solution orientation
- Team player
- Strong analytical mind-set
- Planning & Consultancy skills
- Quality awareness & care
- Structured way of working
- Open to new IT solutions and technologies
- Fluent spoken and written English (min. B2)
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter in English language only, including your desired salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are regrettably unable to reply to all candidates individually. We will contact you if your application has successfully progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process.