Location: Madrid, Spain
Summary of role:
We are looking for the Level 2 Applications Support Engineer to provide the Autovista business with information, technical operations and applications support (users and customers). The team L2 team provides the following key services:
- Access management, which is responsible for granting access to IT services (adhering to Information Security rules).
- Applications Performance Management, which is responsible for monitoring and maintaining an application’s performance to ensure a quality end-user experience.
- Applications 2nd line support for products and tools, including ad hoc procedural documentation and relevant reports. This function also assist with application performance optimisation by working with L3, Developers, DBAs and infrastructure teams.
- ETL Support (Talend) which monitors the Extract Transform and Load (ETL) processes, providing reactive and proactive support to ensure ETL schedules do not breach SLAs. The function also works with ETL developers and architects to determine future improvements.
- Cloud Services Management (AWS) team is responsible for ensuring cloud hosted services remain stable, leading systems and operational (SysOps) tasks for maintaining and increasing application reliability and availability through process improvement (monitoring, proactive analysis, troubleshooting etc).
- User/profile administartion: applications, servers, databases
Applications Performance Management
- Application and products monitoring
- Prioritise alerts and collaborate during an incident
- Reactive performance / availability workaround
Applications 2nd Line Support
- Log analysis
- Applications/products tickets support (issues, requests etc).Resolve them when possible or analyse and escalate them to corresponding groups (L3, DBA, Linux, etc)
- Preventive care and process control to avoid future problems in final production. Proactive support management
- Operational and technical support following L2 role
- We will manage some specific production tasks and reporting collaboration with business and countries deadlines
ETL Support (Talend)
- Talend environment support (application – server)
- New Talend releases deployment: licenses – versions
- New Talend projects-jobs implementations (going production)
- Small developments
- Talend operations
Cloud Services Management - AWS
- Operational support (AWS applications and tools)
- System Operations
- Direct communication with users and international customers
- Tickets management following company standards (definition, categorisation etc)
- Creation and update of technical documentation/Knowledge base
- Work closely with L3 and Development departments in all products evolution processes.
Skills, Knowledge & Behaviours Required:
A can-do attitude is required to be able to look at the incident and request ticket activity and execute a resolution, bringing in appropriate solutions and ticket escalation as required. Ensure the supportability and manageability of our applications, ensuring that projects are delivered on time. Builds personal and group credibility with the Customer / Business Partner by taking initiative and providing excellent customer service, resolving tickets within the appropriate timescales. Builds trust and effective working relationships by solving ongoing concerns. Ensures follow-through on short-term commitments.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- A general technology background and a passion for IT
- Demonstrable previous experience in complex operational environments
- Experience in Linux Systems Administration, CentOS (preferably 7), and Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016)
- ITIL Knowledge – ideally at least to ITIL Foundation level
- IT Service Management ticketing systems and KPI based throughput
- Monitoring Tools
- Jira & Confluence
Nice to have:
- Apache and Tomcat
- AWS hosted platforms
- Automation deployment tools
- DevOps ways of working and operational capability
- Foreign language skills German would be advantageous but not essential
- ISO 27001 knowledge
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are regrettably unable to reply to all candidates individually. We will contact you if your application has successfully progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process.